When using tHiveInput, we can define the schema manually by clicking the eclipses button. We can define the column names and their datatypes there.
I want to understand that what Guess Schema actually does. When I click the guess schema, I get an error.
I want to understand:
1) What Guess Schema actually do?
2) Can we assign the schema through Guess Schema button click?
3) If answer for 2 is yes, then do we need to define the schema manually through the eclipses button also?
Solved! Go to Solution.
What error do you see?
When I am clicking the guess schema button, then some Java exception is coming.
So a schema can only be defined through either:
1) By clicking the eclipses button and enter the column name and data types manually.
2) Through Guess schema button.
Any idea if the schema can be defined by any other means in Studio?
Have you defined the query? The guess schema works based on the query you defined.
No, I haven't defined the Query through Guess Query button.
I think my answer lies in the question you have asked:
1) I want to understand how Guess schema works and why it is required.
2) If I have defined schema through eclipses button, then what guess schema will do in case I will click the same (As I am getting an error on same, hence not able to understand it properly).
Talend named a Leader.
Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.
Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time
Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences
Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks