One Star

Guess Schema and Guess Query error with tDB2Input with tables with CLOB or BLOB fields

Hi,

I've a problem with DB2 tables with CLOB fields for guessing query and schema. I've a famous error message :

com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-270, SQLSTATE=42997, SQLERRMC=63, DRIVER=3.66.46

DB2 users know this message because this error occurs when your trying to use scrollable cursor on tables with CLOB fields.

Is there a patch or workaround for this problem other than typing data manually ?  The way Talend reads DB2 results is not compatible with tables with CLOB (reproduced on Talend BD 6.0 and latest 6.4)

Thank you

Eric

• Big Data
1 REPLY
Eleven Stars

Re: Guess Schema and Guess Query error with tDB2Input with tables with CLOB or BLOB fields

I'm not aware of a patch for this, but you should be able to workaround this by removing your clob columns from your query and then using the guess query and guess schema options. If this works successfully, you can manually add the clob columns back into your query and set corresponding columns in your metadata (I believe you will need to set them as Object).

I know this isn't a fix, but unless there is a patch I believe it will be either this way or doing it completely manually. Good luck :-)

Rilhia Solutions