One Star

Google calendar query

Hi forum
anyone has tried to query events in Google calendar?
It might be interesting for many functions ...
11 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Google calendar query

Interesting; how can we connect to Google Calendar? By using REST?
One Star

Hi Roger
I don?t know REST but can it be a method to connect on Google Calendar?
Have someone experience about this?
Regards
Alessandro
One Star

Hi forum
I see some of informations about Google Calendar connection with REST
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/firstapp#rest
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/v3/reference/calendarList#resource
I tried to create a connection to my Google Calendar with the component tRESTClient following the example in the reference guide but I haven?t success.
Can someone help my?
Thanks, regards :-)
One Star

Hi forum
I see some of informations about Google Calendar connection with REST
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/firstapp#rest
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/v3/reference/calendarList#resource
I tried to create a connection to my Google Calendar with the component tRESTClient following the example in the reference guide but I haven?t success.
Can someone help my?
Thanks, regards :-)

Hi Alessandro.Cic,
Would you mind opening a jira issue of DI project for your requirement on Talend Bug Tracker, our developer will see if it is possible.
Please set your issue type as "Work Item".
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina
Thank for you suggestion.
I have just write my request on jira (a new site for me).
I hope to have some reply because the problem is still open.
Thanks, regards
Alessandro
One Star

Hi forum, Hi Sabrina
I opened a jira issue and I received an email about that it is assigned (TESB-12310).
It's of "a jira issue" is a new work-tool for me.
And now ... what happens?
I have not received news from more than one month.
Thanks, best regards
Alessandro
One Star

Hi forum
This morning I tried two components to query on Google Calendar, tHTTPRequest and tRESTClient.
It's appears that I have the same problem of authentication on each components.
In the first two attachments I show how Itried to use tRESRClient: I set my Google email like user and the password account.
The error code 401 on HTTP documentation is described like "Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect."
Credentials are correct, I'm sure.
I tried with my basic Google Account and also with my Google for Business Account.
Has anyone any experience on this type of connection?
Maybe depends it from the "Use authentication" choice that have only "Basic HTTP" option and not HTTPS?

Hi,
I opened a jira issue and I received an email about that it is assigned (TESB-12310).
It's of "a jira issue" is a new work-tool for me.
And now ... what happens?
I have not received news from more than one month.

We have seen your jira issue and Our developers are working on it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

You cannot access personal data via the Google API without the OAuth-2 authentication and both components does not support that. The authentication methods from the components does not containing OAuth authentication and I am not sure if it make sense to add that very complex mechanism to this both basic components.
Employee

I've written a tutorial on using OAuth 2.0 with Google's products here. It makes use of the refresh tokens and *should* be able to be extrapolated from for use with other products using OAuth 2.0. 
I hope it helps