One Star

Google Analytics Component not working with v5.1.1

I am wondering if anyone has used the GoogleAnalytics component found at http://www.jan-lolling.de/talend/components/help/tGoogleAnalyticsInput.pdf with the latest version of Talend?(v5.1.1)
I try to import the data and it always fails saying that ModuleGoogleAnalytics-1.4.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar required?
12 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Google Analytics Component not working with v5.1.1

Hi
Are you using Talend Open Studio for data integration or Talend Open Studion for big data. It seems you don't install this component correctly, the required jars are not loaded! I have tested to download this component from Talend Exchange and install it into my studio, it works! How do install this custom component into Talend Studio?
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
I installed the TOS for Data Integration. I downloaded the component, extracted it and then put the tGoogle...folder under the plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.1.r84309 folder. I can see that all the jars are present in the folder but still TOS would not recognize it?
One Star

I too get the same error on 5.0 as well as 5.1.1
One Star

I got it sorted in the end, you need to put an entry for the jar file in the /lib/java/index.xml file
Silly thing to omit from the documentation but then this is open source, you get what you pay for.
Seventeen Stars

Hi
I tested this componenten in exactly this way: loading it from Talend Exchange.
To copy components into the localprovider directory is mostly a bad idea because Talend is managing this and you are unable to get updates from Talend Exchange!
There are a couple of problems with Talend Studio:
If a component carries a jar file this jar file will often not recognized.
My way to fix that is to delete the file ComponentCache.javacache in the subdir configuration.
In fact I do this automatically in the start script of studio (I can do this because under Linux there is a start script)
Best regards
Jan Lolling
One Star

Hi,
I successfully use tGoogleAnalyticsInput to pull data from my Google Analytics profile when I run the talend job at home. However, when I try to run the same job in my office (behind a proxy server), I get connection time out error. May I know how to make tGoogleAnalyticsInput component recognize my corporate proxy server? I try to use the tSetProxy component in front of tGoogleAnalyticsInput but this component does not seem to pick up the proxy setting.
Please kindly advise how to resolve such issue. Thanks.
One Star

Can i know how to fetch data from Kissmatrics. It is also an Business Analytic site similar to Google Analytics.
Please help if someone knows about it.
Seventeen Stars

Probably Kissmatrix is similar to Goggle but the way to grab the data will be different, also the method to authorize.
I guess there is a web service to fetch the data.
One Star

I thinks no body has worked on Kissmatrics, is it? Please provide some help if someone has worked on it.
Meanwhile I have another question about tGoogleAnalyticsInput Component in Talend.
I created one script using tGoogleAnalyticsInput Component but it's giving error--

Exception in component tGoogleAnalyticsInput_1
com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenResponseException: 400 Bad Request
{
"error" : "invalid_grant"
}
at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenResponseException.from(TokenResponseException.java:103)
at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenRequest.executeUnparsed(TokenRequest.java:303)
at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenRequest.execute(TokenRequest.java:323)
at com.google.api.client.googleapis.auth.oauth2.GoogleCredential.executeRefreshToken(GoogleCredential.java:320)
at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.Credential.refreshToken(Credential.java:505)
at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.Credential.intercept(Credential.java:266)
at com.google.api.client.http.HttpRequest.execute(HttpRequest.java:859)
at com.google.api.client.googleapis.services.AbstractGoogleClientRequest.executeUnparsed(AbstractGoogleClientRequest.java:399)
at com.google.api.client.googleapis.services.AbstractGoogleClientRequest.executeUnparsed(AbstractGoogleClientRequest.java:328)
at com.google.api.client.googleapis.services.AbstractGoogleClientRequest.execute(AbstractGoogleClientRequest.java:449)
at de.cimt.talendcomp.googleanalytics.GoogleAnalyticsInput.executeDataQuery(GoogleAnalyticsInput.java:260)
at de.cimt.talendcomp.googleanalytics.GoogleAnalyticsInput.executeQuery(GoogleAnalyticsInput.java:303)
at jasperemail.mygoogleanalyticscontextvariable_0_1.MyGoogleAnalyticsContextVariable.tGoogleAnalyticsInput_1Process(MyGoogleAnalyticsContextVariable.java:784)
at jasperemail.mygoogleanalyticscontextvariable_0_1.MyGoogleAnalyticsContextVariable.runJobInTOS(MyGoogleAnalyticsContextVariable.java:1205)
at jasperemail.mygoogleanalyticscontextvariable_0_1.MyGoogleAnalyticsContextVariable.main(MyGoogleAnalyticsContextVariable.java:1049)

Can anyone tell me why this error is coming, I tried with every option i could but failed.
I am giving proper ProfileId, Service Account Email, Key File and other parameters properly but everytime this error.
If someone has solution for this , please help
One Star

Hi ,
I found solution for this error in tGoogleAnalyticsInput component and thought to share with you all.
Actually my script is proper and having no problem with that.
The problem is Time. I also surprised when I came to know about this.
When ever we try to fetch online data, actual time in internet and your System time also matters.
In my case the time difference was just 2 min , still it was giving error.
When I modified the time and matched my system time with internet actual time than it worked.
I hope that this would help many people who are struggling with this problem.
Thanks,
Anand Smiley Happy
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this information.
One Star

Hi all - Nice work everyone, but I still need some help please. 
I downloaded the Google Analytics component from the Exchange, .  It is a zip file, which I extracted and placed off my main hard drive and then extracted.  I then went to Talend Open Studio and selected this path: Window >> Preferences >> Talend >> Components.  For the User component folder text field, I included the path to where I unzipped my files (there are eight files).  I then click Ok from the Preferences pop up panel.  I create a new Job and then check the Palette for the Google Analytics component, but don't see it.  I searched many times, many ways.  I have deleted the ComponentCache.javacache several times, and gone through the steps again and again, but no luck.  I am using TOS for Data Integration 6.0.0.  Any suggestions?