Five Stars

Git and SSH keys

Hello

We have the following git set up NOT using SSH keys.

Our TAC runs on linux..

1) The Main Configuration Page in TAC

• root github url and a "talend" generic git username and password. Maybe this is superseded by project settings below. 

2) The Git Config in each TAC Project

• Each project is a different Git repository url with the same "talend" generic git username and password as used above. This is set used the "Advanced settings" checkbox.

3) User Config in TAC 

• Each user has their own git username and password added here. This is NOT the  "talend" generic git username and password as used above.

I would like to swap to using SSH keys for users.

I've read many docs but am still confused on how I would undertake this with the desire to keep different git repositories for each project.

The docs generally say that you need to create a public key for a user, add it to Github and then swap the git repo url in the TAC project config to the "git@......" format.

I am unsure:

1) Do I create one public key on the TAC server under the user running the TAC and should this user also be the "talend" generic git user as above? Do these users need to match for the TAC to see the public key?

2) If I remove the passwords from the User settings in the TAC, how will the studio/TAC use the user's public key set up on their machine/git?

Hope someone can help

Thanks