Git Commit Messages

Five Stars

Git Commit Messages

Is there a way to limit the # of auto commits that Talend is making to Git, or disable auto-commit altogether?

It appears Talend is doing a commit on every save, which means that the git logs become too cumbersome to determine what's changed. Ideally, I'd be prompted to do a commit on a save, or before existing the application with a prompt to enter a commit message.

Thirteen Stars

Re: Git Commit Messages

@nickheidke,you connect to local from Git repository and you can push the code which you want have in GIt,since from local untill you push it will not commit to GIT.

Manohar B
Five Stars

While it's true that I control when I "push" to the remote repository, Talend appears to be "commit"-ing to my local repository very frequently. Here's a snippet of the commit logs, for instance.

• User 'XXXX@tasconline.com' at 13:56:37 IST 2018-08-02 : User action : Duplicate Create process item 'TestJob' at path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' Save project 'TestProject' update poms by copy Save project 'TestProject' Save process item 'TestJob' at path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' update poms by save Save process item 'TestJob' at path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' update poms by save
  • User 'XXXX@tasconline.com' at 13:57:12 IST 2018-08-02 : Move or Copy User action : Move Object Move process item 'TestJob' from path 'Test1' to path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' Save project 'TestProject' update poms by move
Thirteen Stars

@nickheidke, You can set to Unlock Item to commit for the GIT project in TAC.

Manohar B
Thirteen Stars

@nickheidke,did it help you?

Manohar B
Five Stars

We're using Integration Cloud, not TAC, so that setting is not available as far as I know.

Five Stars

@nickheidkeHave you found any solution to this yet? Facing the same with Integration Cloud as well. Thanks.

Five Stars

No updates. This is functioning 'as designed', at least for the time being.

Five Stars

Thanks for your quick reply. Will keep living with swarming meaningless commit messages then :/