One Star

Getting "Schema not present in database" error with Informix

Hi,
I'm using TOS 4.1.2r53616 and Informix 11.5. The project I'm working in was recently upgraded from an earlier version. I had set my db connections set up in that earlier version (TOS 3.2.0), and they worked fine. But in 4.1.2, I'm getting the error "Schema not present in database."
I haven't specified a schema, because all of our tables are owned by the default owner, "Informix." When I tried putting "Informix" in the schema text box, it gave me the same error.
Another note -- when I go into Db Connections itself and check the connection, it will connect and gives me no errors (see picture #1). It's when I'm using tInformixOutput that I'm getting the error (see picture #2).
Any ideas about how I could get this to work?
Thanks,
Daphne
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Getting "Schema not present in database" error with Informix

Hi
Do you get the same error when you execute the job or only when you click on the 'search table' button?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: Getting "Schema not present in database" error with Informix

You're right -- I get the error when I click on the 'Search Table' button.
When I execute the job I don't get any error, but it also doesn't insert anything into the table. I ran it with Traces on to make sure data was actually getting to that tInformix_Output component, and it showed that the data *is* getting there, but the component is not inserting it. While I was trying to solve that issue I got the error and thought it might be the reason why I couldn't insert.
Thanks,
Daphne
One Star

Re: Getting "Schema not present in database" error with Informix

I should also mention that I checked permissions on the table in question and the userid had all the permissions it needed in order to insert/update/etc.
One Star

Re: Getting "Schema not present in database" error with Informix

I just poked around some more and got it to work. When I compared it to a different tInformix_Output (in a different project) that was working, I noticed the only difference between the two was that the one that wasn't working didn't have Use Transaction checked. I checked it, re-ran it, and it inserted the data no problem.
Thank you for your help. Smiley Happy