Getting an error "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: factory already defined

Four Stars BN
Four Stars

Getting an error "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: factory already defined

Attaching a screenshot of the job. I am getting "Factory already defined" at tRedshiftOutput step.

Tried different option, but resolved.

Re: Getting an error "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: factory already defined at java.net.URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(Unknown Source) at org.talend.daikon.runtime.RuntimeUtil.registerMavenUrlHandler(RuntimeUtil.java:73)"

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars BN
Four Stars

Re: Getting an error "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: factory already defined at java.net.URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(Unknown Source) at org.talend.daikon.runtime.RuntimeUtil.registerMavenUrlHandler(RuntimeUtil.java:73)"

Talend-Studio-20180116_1512-V6.5.1

Hello,

We have upgraded Amazon Redshift JDBC Driver since 7.0.1. Could you please let us know if this issue repro on V 7.0.1? Thanks for your time.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars BN
Four Stars

What update do I need to do ?

Hello,

From your screenshot, we see that you are using talend subscription solution 6.5.1. With your subscription solution, please create a case on talend support portal, our colleagues from support team will schedule a webex with you to see if a patch need to be delivered.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars BN
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina:

I have used tRedshiftConnection, tRedshiftInput and used tRedshiftOutput in another job for an insert Operation  (with Action on Data as Insert). and I am able to complete that job fine.

In this particular job for which I am having issue, I am trying to Update the same record that i had inserted earlier, using tRedshiftOutput  (with Action on Data as Update).

Why is that an issue?

Thanks,

Hi,

We suspect that there exists some method that cannot be called in old driver in your particular job. Have you already created a case on talend support portal?

Best regards

Sabrina

--