Getting Error while opening Excel File

Eight Stars

Getting Error while opening Excel File

Hi Team,

I was trying to run Talend job which is loading data from excel file to Database,but when i was trying to run it from TAC getting the following error. And i was able to run the job from Talend studio.

Exception in component tFileInputExcel_7
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Can't open the specified file: '/xxxx/xxxx/abc.xlsx'
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
at com.talend.excel.xssf.event.ExcelReader.handleException(ExcelReader.java:98)
at _fdl_aws_dev_q.copy_of_j_File_load_0_1.Copy_of_J_File_Load.tFileInputExcel_7Process(Copy_of_J_File_Load.java:2151)
at _fdl_aws_dev_q.copy_of_j_File_load_0_1.Copy_of_J_File_Load.tJava_1Process(Copy_of_J_File_Load.java:936)
at _fdl_aws_dev_q.copy_of_j_File_load_0_1.Copy_of_J_File_Load.tPostgresqlConnection_1Process(Copy_of_J_File_Load.java:601)
at _fdl_aws_dev_q.copy_of_j_File_load_0_1.Copy_of_J_File_Load.runJobInTOS(Copy_of_J_File_Load.java:2793)
at _fdl_aws_dev_q.copy_of_j_File_load_0_1.Copy_of_J_File_Load.main(Copy_of_J_File_Load.java:2598)
Caused by: org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Can't open the specified file: '/xxxx/xxxx/abc.xlsx'
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.<init>(ZipPackage.java:112)
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:224)
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:186)
at com.talend.excel.xssf.event.ExcelReader.call(ExcelReader.java:105)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:163)
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ZipHelper.openZipFile(ZipHelper.java:174)
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.<init>(ZipPackage.java:110)
... 5 more

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bharath.

Employee

Re: Getting Error while opening Excel File

Hi Bharath,

Could you please double check whether the file  '/xxxx/xxxx/abc.xlsx' is present in the Job server under the specific location? When you are running the job from Studio, you will be pointing to your local folder structure. But when you are running through TAC, the file should be present either in the Job server or in a file location which is shared with Job server.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Eight Stars

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply.

I have place the file '/xxxx/xxxx/abc.xlsx' readily in the job server and ran the job. I also changed the file path as per the job server when i used remote execution. But i think if we don't have the file in location it will say file not found exception right. But here it was saying cannot open the file.

Regards,

Bharath.

Employee

Hi,

Could you please advise whether the job flow started working once you place the file in Job server?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Eight Stars

Hi Nikhil,

The job flow is started and getting error at file component.

Regards,

Bharath.

Employee

Hi Bharath,

I hope you are using a Linux system. Did you check the file reading permissions for the user used by Talend? If you are able o connect to FTP but not able to read the file means there could be permission issues.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Eight Stars

Hi Nikhil,

I was able to connect to server from Talend and also able to read the file. File is having the permissions needed.

Regards,

Bharath.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download