One Star

Get the Job progress

Hi,
I have scenario in which I want to log the flow of the process as the no. of record pass to the flow meter. So that I can determine the percentage of job done.Can you please tell how can it be done.
Thanks,
saurav
7 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Get the Job progress

hi
have a look at Catching flow metrics from a Job:
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=9311245#Raa48663
or if working on TIS : Activity monitoring center
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Introduction+to+Talend+Activity+Monitoring+Console&content-...
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi,
I am looking for some process by which I am able to see the progress of my file processing.
Such that when 10K record is processed I generate a log massage.
Is there any way by which I am able to generate these logs?
To be more spicific can it be possible to generate these logs from tFlowMeter of TFlowCatcher?
When I am using it, it is giving only total records pass throught it.
Thanks,
Saurav

Hi,
It seems you want to generate logs from tFlowMeter of TFlowCatcher into file or DB table?
If so, you can set it in Project Setting or job review setting.
Please see my screenshots for details.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for your reply but this is not helping me at all.
Is there any setting by which I am able to generate logs of my progress like for every 10K I genetrate a log massage.
Thanks,
Saurav
Seventeen Stars

Hi,
you could do something like (sreenshoot) ...
hope it helps
regards
laurent

Hi,
Is @kzone's answer satisfying you needs? Could you please elaborate your case with an example with expected output values?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
This is the best solution so far but can I get more info like Pid,father pid ,etc that we get in tLogcatcher as far I an getting is like this:
Progress4960|SortData|FIRSTPROJECT
Progress4970|SortData|FIRSTPROJECT
Progress4980|SortData|FIRSTPROJECT
Progress4990|SortData|FIRSTPROJECT
2014-02-04 12:40:22| fDeAyS| fDeAyS| fDeAyS|FIRSTPROJECT| SortData| Default| 1| tWarn|SortProcess|Data is Proccessing at Sort component| 1
2014-02-04 12:40:22| fDeAyS| fDeAyS| fDeAyS|FIRSTPROJECT| SortData| Default| 1| tWarn| FlowTest|Data is flowing | 1
2014-02-04 12:40:22| fDeAyS| fDeAyS| fDeAyS|FIRSTPROJECT| SortData| Default| 1| tWarn| FileWrite|No. of line 4995 Data written to D:/Data/Talend/customer1.csv| 1
3seconds 3720 milliseconds
2014-02-04 12:40:22| fDeAyS| fDeAyS| fDeAyS|FIRSTPROJECT| SortData| Default| 1| tWarn|JobCompleate|SortingJob Compleated SortData| 1
disconnected

I want to match the log generated by tWarn and progress log.

Can anyone help me for this.
Thanks,
Saurav Sinha