Get the HTTP request sent

Four Stars

Get the HTTP request sent

Hello everyone:

I have a job set up that has several HTTP Requests (REST GET, REST PUT etc.).

I wanted to know if there's a way to get the request that's actually being sent just to make sure that I'm structuring the component correctly or if I have anything wrong.

Is there a way to do that?

Thank you in advance!

Eight Stars

Re: Get the HTTP request sent

If you are using tRestClient then check "Log messages" in advanced settings.
Four Stars

No. Using a tREST. Is there a way to get that?

Eight Stars

Then I am afraid this component doesn't have such options. You have do edit your job by either using the component tRestClient (if anyone in the room has an opinion which of the two is better, raise your hand) or configuring your custom logging mechanism. I used to put a boolean context "print_payload" in each my job using http request. Right before the call, I put a tJavaRow with a sysout/logger (org.apache.log4j), or better a tLog4j (this is a custom component on the exchange site in case you missed)

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Talend Cloud Developer Series – Fetching Studio License

This video will help someone new to using Talend Studio get started by connecting to Talend Cloud and fetching the Studio License

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Developer Series - Introduction

The Talend Cloud Developer Series was created to give you a solid foundational understanding of Talend’s Cloud Integration Platform

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Available on Microsoft Azure

An integration platform-as-a-serviceto help enterprises collect, govern, transform, and share data from any data sources

Watch Now