Get XML data from a url?

One Star

Get XML data from a url?

Hi,
We have a network monitoring process which will return XML data based on a 'normal looking' HTTP query -- for instance,
"http://10.4.24.229:18234/Agents" actually returns XML... I've written a perl tool which uses XML:Smiley Frustratedmart to pull/parse that
data and load it into various mysql tables.
I was hoping to do the same thing using Talend basically as a way to demonstrate how one of our 'real' projects could have
been easily and quickly accomplished w/talend.
Unfortunately, I don't actually see a way to accomplish this... I don't see a way using the XML components to specify a url.
I'm hoping that I'm just missing something -- I have about 2 days worth of experience with talend, so the possibility seems
very likely...
Thanks!
-c
Employee

Re: Get XML data from a url?

Hello
If I understantd well your problem, tFileFetch (Internet family) will allow you to save your XML file to disc.
You can then use a tFileInputXML to parse your XML file (link them with a "Then Run" link).
Am I right ?
Regards,
One Star tle
One Star

Hi,
I have a lot of URL in DB (ACCESS or Postgresql), and I want to get tif files with this, how can I do it ?
which component I have to use between tFileInputDB and tFilefetch ? I dont' think with TMAP .........
Thanks in advance for your help
tle
One Star

Is it possible to dynamically read an XML file located on the Internet as opposed to my computer?
(Same question as the previous post that did not seem to have been answered).

Jerry
One Star

Hello together,
you should post your question in the "Usage, Operation" and not the "Installation" forum.
Anyway:
You should use an tInput component to read the information (url adress) and connect the tFileFetch with a tFlowToIterate. With this job you could read the urls defined in your database.
Bye
Volker