Generation engine encountered a problem

One Star

Generation engine encountered a problem

Hi All,
       I am working with Jasper ETL 5.2.2 version.When i am opening the tool i am getting error like
'Generation Engin Initialization in progress'  has encountered a problem
java.nullpointer exception error
Please provide the solution to resolve this as i am unable to create jobs.
Regards,
Srikanth A

Seventeen Stars

Re: Generation engine encountered a problem

Export all JobItems with the function Export Items (right click ob Job Design node), take care you have checked all items.
1. Stop the studio.
2. remove everything in your workspace!
3. Start the studio.
4. Setup the User Component Path again (if you have use such in the past).
5. Wait until the Generation Engine has been finished
6. Reimport all JobItems with right click on Job Design and choose Import Items (only if the workspace was not snchronized with SVN)
One Star

Hi jlolling,
     While following your suggested steps, step 5 is not processing. Engine is not generating the code.Kindly suggest what may the reason for the issue and do needful.
Regards,
Hermione
One Star

Hi admin,
Pls help with the above problem
Regards,
hermione
Seventeen Stars

hi hermione,
did you already run your studio successfully ?
Because seems your Talend package is corrupted. Reinstall studio (check download with md5 checksum)
Before that, Smiley Happy check that there is no space in the path of your studio . If yes remove it & try again
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi laurent,
The problem was with java installation. Updated jdk1.7.0_51 was not installed. I installed it and the engine gets initialised. But the problem now is when i try to give 'guess schema' option after creating a job, it shows 'CONNECTION ERROR'. In metadata, connection details given are fine. When i try to use the same connection and when i try ' 'guess schema' option, it throws the error.
Could you pls help me with the same?
Regards,
Hermione