Generating a report or PDF from an Excel file

Have been tasked with figuring out how to take a Excel file 20 columns wide and many rows long and importing into Talend Open Studio and have the data output formatted as either a PDF or some version of a report that a user can view.
The users of the Excel file are tired of having to rearrange the data in the Excel spreadsheet to make it readable and printable.
Any ideas of tools or components I can use in order to transform the Excel data once inside TOS to PDF or a report
is much appreciated.
Thanks
Peter
4 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Generating a report or PDF from an Excel file

I see 2 different approaches:
1. Build an Excel file as extract, e.g. create an additional sheet with formats and less columns
This can be done with the Excel components tFileExcelWorkbookOpen, tFileExcelWorkbookSave and tFileExcelSheetInput and tFileExcelSheetOutput. This would be my preferred way.
2. Create an report with tools like JasperReports (Jaspersoft Studio) and use the Excel file as source. This way you could add charts or other widgets.
One Star

Four Stars

Another approach would be to use HTML template... see the below post
http://community.talend.com:80/t5/Design-and-Development/How-to-inject-html-code-into-message-of-tSe....
Where he created HTML template using input data to send mail.
Vaibhav
One Star

Hi,
could you please guide me how to generate a report about data quality without using data profiling in talend
Thanks
vaishnavi