Generate Job Document as HTML in Talend

Four Stars

Generate Job Document as HTML in Talend

Hi,

Generally in Talend to get create a job document we right click on job and select the Generate Doc as HTML. Is there any alternate process or component by using which we can generate the Job document.

Thanks,

Kuresh

Community Manager

Re: Generate Job Document as HTML in Talend

Hi No process or component can be used to generate documentation of jobs, however, it enables you to generate the documentation automatically and customize the title and add your company's logo in Talend enterprise subscription product. Regards Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Sixteen Stars

Not out of the box, but the Talend jobs are stored as XML in the back end. So you *could* create something to parse those and get whatever info you want from your job designs. I do this a lot BUT I always make sure NOT to edit the files.

Eight Stars

@rhall_2_0: Could you share some pointers on this? I do not mind trying this if it can generate a basic document to start with.
Thank you.
Sixteen Stars

The configuration files for your project are stored as XML. If you open a couple and take look (back them up first) you will see that the structure is quite logical. Take a copy and change the name from .properties or .item to .xml and you will be able to view them in a web browser quite easily. Once you have got that far you should be able to see how you can build a job to parse these and extract useful information. I have used this method for getting component configs and spotting logic errors (like not setting every tRunJob to get schema from parent, etc). Good luck.

Four Stars

Hi,

I just want to fetch some info(not all) from the html doc of a job through a talend job and place those info on a word document.

Sixteen Stars

There is no short and easy answer to this. You will need to process the XML and use XPath to find the data you want.