General JDBC create a Db Connection that doesn't work

Not applicable

General JDBC create a Db Connection that doesn't work

Hi,
I need to use several types of databases in my project so I want to use a JDBC connection.
For example, I want to create a MS SQL Server connection. I have downloaded the driver on the MS website :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=99b21b65-e98f-4a61-b811-19912601fdc9&displa...
Like all other connections I have made a right click on "Db Connections", then "Create connection". I filled a "Name", click "Next" and I have choosen those settings :
- DB Type : General JDBC
- Driver jar : C:\sqljdbc4.jar
- JDBC URL : jdbc:sqlserver://dbhost:1433;databaseName=test
- Class name : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
- User name : user
- Password : /
- Mapping file : id_MSSQL
Connection is successfull after trying it with the button "Check" and I clicked "Finish". The new connection is created in the "Db Connections" menu.
When I tried to drag and drop a element from the "Db Connections" menu to the job I have a java.lang.NullPointerException. The log file at "C:\TOS-Win32-r26090-V3.1.3\workspace\.metadata" contains this error :
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2009-08-17 16:25:46.927
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.cmd.QueryGuessCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.gef.commands.CommandStack.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.TalendEditorDropTargetListener.execCommandStack(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.TalendEditorDropTargetListener.createNewComponent(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.TalendEditorDropTargetListener.handleDrop(Unknown Source)
(...)
Can you say if I have made a mistake for creating the connection or does I have to post it in the bug tracker ?
Best regards,
Kazuki.
Community Manager

Re: General JDBC create a Db Connection that doesn't work

Hello
I got the same the problem, please report a bug on our bugtracker.
Thanks for your support!!
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Not applicable

Hi,
I have reported the bug -> http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=8752
Thank you for your answer =)
Best regards,
Kazuki.
One Star

Hi,
I am looking at this product and it tutorials and I also get the above error when I double click onto a demoMysql 0.1 connection
I also cannot seem to create a connection. If I right click on Db Connections I can perform any of the options except for the create. When I click on create nothing happens.
I am using Talend Open Studio for MDM (5.0.1.r74687)
I would be delighted if someone could tell me what to do to resolve this as it is currently blocking my progression through the tutorials and my getting to grips with the product.
Cheers,
Conor
One Star

Hi,
Apologies, it would appear my approach was probably incorrect. As I said above, I'm am a new comer looking into this product and I had been on the MDM tab on top right. When I switched this to Integration it seems to be working fine.
It may be that I should have known that from the start!
Cheers.