Four Stars

GSS initiate failed when trying to connect to Kerborose enabled cloudera cluster.

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to Hive server from talend but I amd getting below error. I am using kerberos authentication here. But I tested the same with PuTTY and I am able to connect successfully.

Could you please help me here..

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.sql.SQLException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/default;principal=hive/localhost@HADOOP-QA-CLIENT.MA: GSS initiate failed
at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.createHive2StandaloneConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:280)

5 REPLIES

Re: GSS initiate failed when trying to connect to Kerborose enabled cloudera cluster.

Hello,

Please let us know if this article about:https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Hive-Connection-to-Kerberized-cluster/ta... is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: GSS initiate failed when trying to connect to Kerborose enabled cloudera cluster.

Hi Sabrina,

I have tried with provided solution,unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. I am attaching the connection details and error details please check and help us to resolve in this issue.

Thanks&Regards,

Hari

Four Stars

Team ,Can you please help me to sort out this issue.

Four Stars

Can some one reply on Issue

Hello,

We need more information to address your issue. On which talend build verison you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.