GC Overhead limit exceeded on server

Seven Stars

GC Overhead limit exceeded on server

Hi,

I am loading around 7.5 million records from a db and after transformation the size of the records doubles to 15 million. But during execution my job got failed with Error "GC Overhead Limit exceeded on server". I am putting xmx - 10240 MB and xms - 1024 MB. Please find my job design below.

tmssqlinput-->tJavaRow-->tExtractJsonFields --> tMap --> tDenormalize --> tJavaRow --> tMSSQLOutput

At tExtractJSONFields data is getting double and at tDenormalize I am merging 2 records to One. I am getting this error at tDenormalize. Is there any better solution to this flow because tDenormalize is holding complete and then passing it one by one.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Re: GC Overhead limit exceeded on server

Hello,

Could you please try with 4096 or bigger if You have this memory free on Talend Machine?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Re: GC Overhead limit exceeded on server

Hi xdishi,
Xmx is already 10240 MB, almost twice as that of 4096.
Or should I increase the xms value ? But I think increasing the memory is not a permanent solution because in our case records count can increase to 40 - 50 millions. In that case we need to again increase the memory.
What I am looking for is a permanent solution. Can we process the records in batches. I mean instead of reading all the records in one go, can we do it in batches.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.