Six Stars

From tFileFetch (delimited file) to JSON

I'm using tFileFetch to pull a .txt file in the following format. (The column names will not be known ahead of time)

Employee SSN|Member Number|Patient Date of Birth|Patient Sex|Relationship to Employee|Product Code|Claim Type|Claim Number|Line Number|Adjustment Number|Adjustment Type|Bill Type Code|Principal Diagnosis|Secondary Diagnosis|Procedure Code Indicator|Procedure Code 1|Procedure Code Modifier 1|Place of Service|Filler_1|Paid Date|First Date of Service|Last Date of Service|Discharge Status|Provider Tax ID (unscrambled)|Provider Tax ID|Provider Zip Code|Filler|Servicing Provider Type|In/Out-of-Plan Indicator|Capitated Service Indicator|Paid Amount|Copay|Deductible|Coinsurance|Medicare Indicator|Account Number|Subgroup Number|Department Number|Package Number|Person ID|COB|COB Code|Employee Date of Birth|Employee Sex|Employee Coverage Type|Employee Zip Code|Billed Charges|Excluded Amount|Excluded Reason Code|Undiscounted Covered Amount|Discounted Covered Amount|Tertiary Diagnosis|PCP Indicator|PCP Tax ID|PCP Zip Code|Facility Place of Service Code|Secondary Procedure Code|Secondary Procedure Code Indicator|Provider Specialty Code|Quantity of Services|Dx Code 4|Dx Code 5|Dx Code 6|Dx Code 7|Dx Code 8|First name|Middle name|Last name|Employment Status|Primary Street|Secondary Street|City|State|Postal code|Home Phone|Work Phone|Units
333221548      |Z6097          |07251978|F|76   ||||||||||||||||07282017|07282017||||||||||||||||||Z6097                                     ||||||37209|725.68         ||||||||53719||||9         |||||||Ambthree||Patron||123 my street||NASHVILLE|43|37209|615-234-5678||
333221548      |Z6097          |07251978|F|76   ||||||||||||||||07282017|07282017||||||||||||||||||Z6097                                     ||||||37209|725.68         ||||||||53719||||9         |||||||Ambthree||Patron||123 my street||NASHVILLE|43|37209|615-234-5678||

I need a way to convert this to JSON data. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: From tFileFetch (delimited file) to JSON

I ended up parsing the file with the following:

while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
	JSONObject item = new JSONObject();

// gank the headers and move on
	if (headers == null) {
		headers = line.split(delimiter, KEEP_EMPTY_STRINGS);
		continue;
	}

// build JSON
	String[] data = line.split(delimiter, KEEP_EMPTY_STRINGS);
	for(int i = 0; i < headers.length; i++) {
		item.put(headers[i], data[i].trim());
	}

items.add(item);
}     

output_row.body = items.toString();
3 REPLIES

Hi,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with expected json output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I ended up parsing the file with the following:

while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
	JSONObject item = new JSONObject();

// gank the headers and move on
	if (headers == null) {
		headers = line.split(delimiter, KEEP_EMPTY_STRINGS);
		continue;
	}

// build JSON
	String[] data = line.split(delimiter, KEEP_EMPTY_STRINGS);
	for(int i = 0; i < headers.length; i++) {
		item.put(headers[i], data[i].trim());
	}

items.add(item);
}     

output_row.body = items.toString();

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution with us and marked your solution as accepted.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.