Fixed positional text file to XML

One Star

Fixed positional text file to XML

I have fixed positional text file (with multiple different schemas) that I need to convert to XML. Can you tell me which component (or components) I can use to achieve this.
I also need to remap the field names.
Can this be done in one stage or do I need to break this down into separate XML files and then build up again into one using tXMLMap.

Re: Fixed positional text file to XML

Hi,
Are you looking for component TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputPositional?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you Sabrina - I am using (currently tFileInputMSPositional successfully) however this splits the file into 'Multiple Schemas'
the file structure is like this
HEAD COL1 COL2 COL3
ITEM 1 COL1 COL2 COL3
ITEM 2 COL1 COL2 COL3
ITEM n COL1 COL2 COL3
TEXT 1 COL1 COL2
TEXT 2 COL1 COL2
TEXT n COL1 COL2
HEAD COL1 COL2 COL3
ITEM 1 COL1 COL2 COL3
ITEM n COL1 COL2 COL3
TEXT 1 COL1 COL2
TEXT n COL1 COL2
etc
I don't know how many rows nor how many 'ITEM' rows nor how many 'TEXT' rows
so using tFileInputMSPositional will split this into separate files.
I want to take the original 'Positional' File, and convert this into an XML version of the same.
in the process I also want to change the COL names preferably using tMAP or tMAPxml or similar.
I cant figure out how to do this I can supply you with the actual source fiels along with the description I have used in the MSpositional definition how can I a) remap these (I have an XML version of the result I want, so could use this as a template) and b) write the results back into one xml file that I can then process.
I know talend can do this I just don't have time to experiment with all the options as there are so many it could take years!
Thank you for your help with this.
Employee

This sounds like a case for the Talend Data Mapper. Are you using the Talend Open Studio or using the Enterprise version? The Talend Data Mapper is only available in the Enterprise and Platform Versions - 5.4+