I'm a new user of TOS and I want to transorm Excel Automations (VBA) in Talend.
I've following needs :
- An input file to treat (CSV format with 200 columns)
- An input Schema, which is Fixed (200 columns)
- An input file with some Column Names to keep
- Other columns (with column names not matchnig) are deleted
- Export CSV et XLSX format (just "save as" operation)
This is quite simple (in VBA) and I thing it should be quite simple in TALEND. But I'm facing difficulties, since schemas are "fixed".
Which component may be useful to perform these tasks ?
Maybe I don't use the right TALEND solution. For example, I'm very surprised that we can not simply convert a CSV file to XLS file, without defining a schema.
Thx very much.
You can easily save CSV to XLS by dropping in a XLS file output component. Drop a tamp between the CSV and the XLS and then map the columns you want to be saved to the Excel file
Fileinput (CSV) > Tmap > XLS output
Not sure on the other such as a column input file need more information on what you are trying to achieve there before we can provide any insight for you.