Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

File retrieve from FTP to Local Machine

Hello All,
I am new in Talend.Hope you can guide me for my queries.
Requirement:I want to fetch file from FTP to Local Machine and rename that file.
Approach: Snapshot of my JOB is given below in attachment.
Issue:I have given same credential of Remote server path in tftpfilerename component but presently i am getting following issue:
Exception in component tFTPRename_1
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 550 Failed to change directory.
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.validateReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1201)
Please requesting you to guide me.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards
RSH
9 REPLIES

Re: File retrieve from FTP to Local Machine

Hi,
Did the job works well without tFTPRename? The selected files is stored in local Machine successfully?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,
Yes if i deactivate tftprename component then tftpget component work good but when i activate rename then it gives an error which i mentioned above.I created one more test case to get Log file from Log folders from same path but different folder but then also i get error on it.If i run one activity (suppose like getting only main files or getting only Log files ) then it work fine but if i activate everything then it fails,I really not getting where is the issue.
Please guide for the same.Always Thankful.
Regards
RSH
Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Dear all,
Can any one guide me for my query because i am running out of time for development.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
RSH

Hi,
Sorry for delay, would you mind giving us your tFTPconnection and tFTPrename component setting screenshots so that we can address your issue quickly, thanks.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,
Please find attachments are details about FTP credentials.
Just to remind you requirement of my job.
CASE 1) Get Main files present in Main Folder from FTP server(only 1 csv Files) to Local Machine then rename that file in LOCAL MACHINE with adding suffix as date.
CASE 2) Get Log file from LOG folder(from FTP Server to Local Machine) and put this log text file in LOG folder of Local Machine.
Issue:1)Presently if i deactivate CASE (2) option then is generate error at ftpRename component.
Error : Could not change remote directory....
If i deactivate tFTPRename then it generate error on tftpget for Log Component.
Error is same : couldn't change directory...
ERRORS:When Tftprename Active
Exception in component tFTPRename_1
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.validateReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1201)
ERROR: When Tftpgetfile for LOG is Active:
Exception in component tFTPGet_2
Thanks in Advance.
Regards
RSH
Community Manager

Hi RSH
If you get a Failed to change directory error from the server it usually means that the directory does not exist or that you do not have sufficient permissions to go to the this directory. Maybe the remote direcotry is not configured correctly, for testing, try to deactivate all of components excepts tFTPGet(for log component) and create the FTP connection on the component itself, instead of using an existing connection, to see if it works.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Hello Shong,
Thanks for reply.I want to retrieve 2 files in particular folder which is created by me on FTP server(example:I want to retrieve Main file in Main folder or Log file in Log folder). Path which i provided in Connections to component are hard coded and it works if we provide them in RUN/cmd.
Henceforth i am not able to understand the problem where it coming from.
As per your guidance i given existing path for main folder and i given direct path(without using
Existing connection from tftpconnection but then also its not working...
Requesting you to guide me for same.
Merci,
RSH
Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Hello Shong/Sabrina,
Is there any updates/solution on my query? because i am still not able to solve this issue.
Regards
RSH
Five Stars

Have you tried doing this from an FTP client? It sometimes helps to isolate these kinds of issues from Talend.
"550 Failed to change directory" is probably the truth. Permissions? Directory does not exist?
Your Remote directory is "." Have you tried not specifying a remote directory?
This is the correct meaning of an FTP 550
550 Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).