One Star

File output Positional

Hi all,
hope you all doing good.
I have a weird requirement on creating a file . am struck with no idea. Could you please provide me suggestions?
I need to create a flat file with below requirement,
File needs to be delimited by:
decimal value(31) (US separator character) for columns
decimal value 1310 <CR><LF> for rows
could you please tell me how to implement this.. am currently using 3.2.0 and am restricted only to this version.
Thanks a lot!!
hoping for rsponse.
5 REPLIES

Re: File output Positional

Hi,
File needs to be delimited by:
decimal value(31) (US separator character) for columns
decimal value 1310 <CR><LF> for rows

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?
Would you mind checking component reference TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputPositional to see if it is satisfying your needs?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Xdshi,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
My requirement is,
Input values (values in tjava) and output should be a txt file where the column should be positioned as decimal value(31) (US separator character) for columns and the rows should be postioned as decimal value 1310 <CR><LF> for rows..
Say for examply from Input if i get
Sno student
1 Trace
2 Grace
These values should be postioned as mentioned above.
I used tfileoutputpositional.. but i dont kno how to specify the above size in columns and rows.
Could please suggest me?
Thanks in advance,
Priya
One Star

Hi,
can someone please help me on this?
One Star

Anyone please?
Four Stars

Hi Priya,
There is a small confusion over what you want..
Do you want normal delimited file or positional file. If you need positional file then you don't need column seperator and if you need delimited file you need column separator. In delimited file i couldn't understand "decimal value(31) (US separator character)" word positioned...
Can you elaborate?
thanks
Vaibhav