Four Stars

File not moving to desination

I have a scenario where i move my input file to a error folder if anything goes wrong with the file. But when the job tries doing it the job prompts "The source file could not be removed from the folder because it is open or you only have read-only rights". What can be done? Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: File not moving to desination

Can you share a screenshot of your job design? I have some jobs that do this, so it is possible, but there may be a timing issue with your job.
Four Stars

Sorry. Actual job cannot be shared. I attached a dummy structure though. Instead of "OnSubjobOK" the various tRunJob are connected by tParallelize. tRunJob_1 reads the file and processes it. This error is occurring in tRunJob_1. As the file is still being read / locked, the copy component is unable to move the file. Hope the explanation is helpful

Hi,

Do you have the proper right to move your files? As an administrator?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Yes. I mean the file is archived if no errors occur during execution. The issue comes only if something goes wrong and file has to be moved to error.
Ten Stars

Do all the child jobs read from the same file?
Four Stars

No. Only the first one. It loads file data in db. Other use db as source.

Hi,

We cannot get more information from your screenshot. Are you using talend open studio or subscription solution product?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.