One Star

File name with a timestamp

Hi,
I have one question.
I want to give my file's name with a time stamp
It will be like "filename_yyyyMMdd_HHmm.dat"
But I have to find this file again in the job so, I want to store the "yyyyMMdd_HHmm" value in a context or variable.
and assign that context or variable to the file name.
Can you direct me how it can be done???
I've tried making a context of type string whose value is TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm",TalendDate.getCurrentDate())
But when i run it i got a file not found exception (I'm to create a file not find for the first time).
and I think the context returns as a string of "TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm",TalendDate.getCurrentDate())" not the actural date time value.
Thank You.
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: File name with a timestamp

Hi Kyaw,
you have to set the content of the context variable in the running job by using the "Context Load" component.
At the start of the job insert a tFixedFlowInput Component and a "Context Load" Component.
Establish a "main" link from fixedFlowInput to the ContextLoad and set the schema of the fixedFlowInput equal to the ContextLoad.
In the fixedflowInput enter one row. In the "key" Field enter a String with the name of your context variable. In the value field enter the Expression TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm",TalendDate.getCurrentDate()).
When you run the job, the context will be set dynamically with the actual time in the given format.

Hi
Or you could make a context variable - I called it filename (String).
and before you save the file add a tjava component. In this component paste the following Code
context.filename = "filename_"+TalendDate.getDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm")+".dat";

and whenever you need to use the name simply just use it as you would a normal context by typing context.filename
Six Stars

Hi Kyaw Lwin Phyo,
so first of all I created tLoop, context variable named timeStamp, then somewhere in process I asigned it the value of current time using tJava component and connected it to the first iteration
context.timeStamp = TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmmssSSS",TalendDate.getCurrentDate());

then I just used tRowGenerator to generate random ascii values for the tFileOutputDelimited and that's it.
Ladislav
One Star

Instead, No need of Context Variable or Context load component. 
Directly provide the expression in the filename property - it works
"D:/filedirectory/fileout_"+TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm",TalendDate.getCurrentDate())+".csv"
One Star

"D:/filedirectory/fileout_"+TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm",TalendDate.getCurrentDate())+".csv"

A W E S O M E ! Smiley Happy

if u want ur output file with time stamp try this one:

One Star

It worked perfectly. Thank You Smiley Happy

Do we have any option for giving regular expression in file path