One Star

File download with ESB and Open Studio for DI

Hi,
I have a scenario where I need to make files available to be downloaded through web service and I also need to process these files ( excel ) and put data into DB.
I know this can be done by creating a service in ESB and then costuming it through job created in DI for manipulation etc.
I need help in this regard that what components can be used to achieve this and what sort of web service is required for this ( like its WSDL etc )
5 REPLIES

Re: File download with ESB and Open Studio for DI

Hi,
What's your web service? Rest? If so, you can use component TalendHelpCneter:tRESTClient.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks, I have issue in creating web service, I need to develop a web service in talend that could send and receive files.I know the components to consume services in talend.
I am new to this environment and also to java , I would appreciate if one could give me hint on the tools or ways to develop such service (soap/rest) in talend.
Employee

Hi,
tRESTRequest & tRESTResponse in Talend ESB 5.4.0 support uploading and downloading the binary content via the use of attachments/multi-parts. In short, when you create tRESTRequest, mark individual parameters in the schema editor as 'multipart', lower case, no quotes, and then submit them via HTML forms or other mechanisms. You can also avoid using multiparts and post/get the bytes as is. When using the multiparts, the file name of a given attachment can also be retrieved.
HTH for a start
Sergey
One Star

/
Employee

Sure, we have a demo available, it was created by the ESB Tooling team, not sure how to attach it though, can you contact me privately and I will forward it to you ?
Thanks, Sergey