File Json not retaining the schema or changes

Four Stars

File Json not retaining the schema or changes

I've created a File Json for use in parsing a JSON message.  But once I save it, and re-open, some of the mapping lines are gone.  And when it processes, it doesn't include that data in the result.

I cannot figure out why this keeps changing.  The red box below is an example of what mappings keep disappearing.

File_JSON_issue.png

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: File Json not retaining the schema or changes

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Since the issue mentioned int he post has been resolved, could you please mark the topic as closed?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

I could see that you are using context variables for these mappings which gets disappearing instead of mapping from the source.

Could you please share the data type you are using in context variables for the above mappings? Especially I am interested in the data type of campaign variable.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Highlighted
Four Stars

Actually, they aren't context variables.  My JSON contains a "context" section.

"context": {
"campaign": {
"content": "fwcbehad1",
"medium": "affiliate",
"name": "na_click-to-quote_500",
"source": "everquote",
"term": "Final Expense 9-19-18"
},

I fumbled through this more yesterday, and even though the GUI doesn't seem to represent it correctly, it does seem to be working.  Talend has suggested I ensure I've got the latest patches. 

Thanks for your reply.

Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Since the issue mentioned int he post has been resolved, could you please mark the topic as closed?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.