Five Stars

File Handing

Hi ,

I have below logfile(ProcessLog_06062017.txt  ) and wanted to load into the table by application wise. how to achieve this :

FirstApp

12345 Records FileA

1345678 Records FileB

SecondApp   

1111 Records FileC

7687 Records FileD

I want to load the above into the table which is having below structure

App Name  FileName   RecordCount  LdDate 

Firstapp        FileA           12345              06062017

Firstapp        FileB          1345678           06062017

SecondApp   FileC         1111                   06062017

Its a logFile (So No column delimiter)  

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleven Stars

Re: File Handing

OK, I am going to make a suggestion based on what I am seeing. First of all, you say there is no column separator. There is. You have a space. That should do.

1) Use a tFileInputDelimited, set the separator as a space. Create 3 columns

2) You know when you have a header row as only the first column will be populated. Use this logic to identify it. You can use a tMap (or a tJavaFlex if your Java is reasonably good) to find this column and store it between rows under the header. In the tMap use a tMap variable for example (they can hold values between rows). Add this column to your "AppName" column

3) For the date field I am assuming you are using the date of the file or the date of processing. This should be relatively easy

I've not given a detailed explanation, but a high level method. It is much better you struggle on the right path, than get given the answer. The hardest part here is storing the value between rows and ensuring they are updated as and when required. I have a tutorial based on this sort of logic (https://www.rilhia.com/quicktips/quick-tip-compare-row-value-against-value-previous-row)

Rilhia Solutions
2 REPLIES
Eleven Stars

OK, I am going to make a suggestion based on what I am seeing. First of all, you say there is no column separator. There is. You have a space. That should do.

1) Use a tFileInputDelimited, set the separator as a space. Create 3 columns

2) You know when you have a header row as only the first column will be populated. Use this logic to identify it. You can use a tMap (or a tJavaFlex if your Java is reasonably good) to find this column and store it between rows under the header. In the tMap use a tMap variable for example (they can hold values between rows). Add this column to your "AppName" column

3) For the date field I am assuming you are using the date of the file or the date of processing. This should be relatively easy

I've not given a detailed explanation, but a high level method. It is much better you struggle on the right path, than get given the answer. The hardest part here is storing the value between rows and ensuring they are updated as and when required. I have a tutorial based on this sort of logic (https://www.rilhia.com/quicktips/quick-tip-compare-row-value-against-value-previous-row)

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

Thanks for the direction. I have achieved the solution by comparing previous row vs current row.   

I have not consider space as delimiter because there is a space in file name and application name. Hence i used tfileinputPositional .