Fields mapping between 2 shapefiles

One Star

Fields mapping between 2 shapefiles

Hi,
I must manage the interoperability between 2 data models.
So, i would like to map the fields between two shapefiles. I used the component tMap and I mapped the necessary fields of the input shapefile with the fields of the output shapefile (which will be created).
The two shapefiles have a multilinestring geometry.
When I execute the job, I have a NullPointerException but each field is nullable and I check if the field is null or not.
Error :
connecting to socket on port 3646
connected
Exception in component sShapefileOutput_1_SO
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore.createSchema(ShapefileDataStore.java:963)
at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore.createSchema(ShapefileDataStore.java:113)
at ng2grace.ngtograce_0_1.NGToGrace.sShapefileInput_1_GIProcess(NGToGrace.java:2518)
at ng2grace.ngtograce_0_1.NGToGrace.runJobInTOS(NGToGrace.java:3473)
at ng2grace.ngtograce_0_1.NGToGrace.main(NGToGrace.java:3339)
disconnected
I tried to put "null" in each empty field but it doesn't change anything.
Thank you for your help.
PS: I enclosed the job's scheme and the tMap configuration.
One Star Fxp
One Star

Re: Fields mapping between 2 shapefiles

Hi, do you have a Geometry column in the output ? I don't see any link from the shape column (which is probably the input geometry) to something in the output.
Cheers.
Francois
One Star

Hi,
You are not mapping two Shapefiles in this job but you are creating a shapefile from a first one, with different schemas mapped thanks to a tMap component...with empty columns...(e.g. NPE in the error log).
Are you sure you would like to map fields between shapefiles?? or just create a new shapefile from fields of another one??
Cheers,
Mathieu
One Star

Thank you for yours responses.
@Fxp:
The geometry column is missing (I noticed it) but I choose "multilinestring" in the shapefileOutput configuration, so I thought it was enough.
@mcoudert:
I just want to create a new shapefile from another one. Concerning the empty columns, I tried to put "null" but I already had the NPE error.
Cheers,
Nicolas
Edit : If i add a Geometry column , i have this new error :
Exception in component sShapefileOutput_1_SO
java.io.IOException: Unable to write : routines.system.Document
at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore.createDbaseHeader(ShapefileDataStore.java:1217)
at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore.createSchema(ShapefileDataStore.java:1003)
at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore.createSchema(ShapefileDataStore.java:113)
at ng2grace.ngtograce_0_1.NGToGrace.sShapefileInput_1_GIProcess(NGToGrace.java:2557)
at ng2grace.ngtograce_0_1.NGToGrace.runJobInTOS(NGToGrace.java:3527)
at ng2grace.ngtograce_0_1.NGToGrace.main(NGToGrace.java:3393)

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download