False NULL values

Six Stars

False NULL values

Hi everyone

I come here with a problem I can't seem to solve no matter what i do.

I have a job in which i save data in a file (csv with "|" separator).

When i try to insert the data in my database (in the same job), i get the following error:

"ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("MYDB"."ETABLISSEMENT"."ID_PMO")
Exception in component tDBOutput_1 (TransfertC_INIT_IEL_RG_TRT_09)
java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Connexion interrompue"

But i checked my file and it does not contain a NULL value for this column, and it cannot contain one because it's a value i get from an inner join.

I've attached pictures of my job and map,

thanks for reading this and helping me.

Accepted Solutions
Eight Stars

Re: False NULL values

Hi,

I would adjust your job flow around about first of all to help see whats going on. remove the "On Component OK" between tFileOutputDelimited_1 and tFileInputDelimited_1, and drop this later section down under the larger subjob - instead, put an "On Subjob OK" between tDBInput_1 and tFileInputDelimited_1.

To trace the null insert problem, I'd deactivate tDBOutput_1 and all later steps and add in a tLogRow and see what is actually coming out of tMap_6

Hope this helps

Thanks

David

Regards

David

Don't forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or the solution.

All Replies
Eight Stars

Hi,

I would adjust your job flow around about first of all to help see whats going on. remove the "On Component OK" between tFileOutputDelimited_1 and tFileInputDelimited_1, and drop this later section down under the larger subjob - instead, put an "On Subjob OK" between tDBInput_1 and tFileInputDelimited_1.

To trace the null insert problem, I'd deactivate tDBOutput_1 and all later steps and add in a tLogRow and see what is actually coming out of tMap_6

Hope this helps

Thanks

David

Regards

David

Don't forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or the solution.
Six Stars

Thank you very much, actually adding the "onSubJobOk" solved my problem.

I think the tFileOutput2 didn't had the time  to close before lauching the subjob and this solved it.

Thanks again