Failing to build a standalone job

Six Stars

Failing to build a standalone job

Hello community.

I'm fairly new to Talend and just ran into an issue. As part of the Data integration Basics Course I wanted to build a standalone job.

Independent from the specific job, it fails everytime with the error message below.

I didn't find anyone with that problem online and nobody around me has any clue on what actually causes my problem.

I'm running Java JDK 1.8 u151 and Talend 6.4.1 on Windows 7 64bit.

I tried different destination folders, reinstalling jdk, switching to jdk 152, messing around with the java path variables. I always got the exact same error message.

The attachments include pictures of my build config and the error message, the log attached to that error message and the logfile "lastGenerated.log" located at "C:\Users\username\workspace\.Java".

I'm completely clueless right now and would greatly appreciate any help.

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: Failing to build a standalone job

Are you able to run the job from the Studio?
Else, go to Code tab then click the red cross to find the errors.

TRF
Six Stars

Oh, sorry. I forgot to note the most basic thing.

Yes, I can run every job perfectly fine. The building within the run makes no trouble at all.

Hello,

Does this issue repro on all your jobs or a specific job when you build a standalone job? Could you please try to reinstall your studio completely to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

It fails on every single job, even my most basic hello world job.

I just reinstalled with no change at all. Still the exact same error message.

Hello,

We cannot repro your issue on our side on V 6.4.1

Are you using oracle JDK 1.8? Could you please type java -version in your cmd to see if your java environment is set correctly?

Ensure your JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

My colleagues can't reproduce my issue either. I also installed it on my private machine for testing purposes and everything works just fine.

"java -version" as well as "javac- version" return, that java version 1.8.0_151 is installed.