One Star

Failed to generate code, preview error, when creating delimited file

I am following the tutorial on http://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/tutorial.php?language=english&idTuto=14. However, when I try and create the new delimited file, I get an error in step 3 of 4 when TalenD tries to show a preview of the file. The error reads:
Failed to generate code.
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1249)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)
The CSV file I am using is the same one you provide in the tutorial. I have also tried other CSV files but get the same error. I am running TalenD Open Studio For Data Integration version 5.3 build 5.3.1.r104014 on Windows Server 2008 32bit.
How do I resolve this? I have already tried a reinstall.
4 REPLIES

Re: Failed to generate code, preview error, when creating delimited file

Hi,
The talend product(TalenD Open Studio For Data Integration version 5.3 build 5.3.1.r104014) never works well in your machine, did it?
As a matter of fact, there is no supported type for OS Windows Server 2008. You can refer to TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms
Does this issue repro on your other supported OS?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you - I didn't realize this. I will try on a different OS.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response.
Please make sure that when you install Talend Product
1. Use jdk 1.6 or higher and set the java environment correctly TalendHelpCenter:Environment variable configuration
2. Make sure there is no space and Illegal character in your installation path.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I faced the same issue, the answer was in https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Compatible+Platforms&content-lang=en

- Uninstall jdk 8
- Install jdk 7
It is fixed