Six Stars

Fail to generate a Job in TAC

New created TAC server on redhat 7.2 ,  TAC 6.2.1 .
Action
1. Delete everything in cmdline/studio/commandline-workspace 
2. Stop/Start CommandLine: 
cmdline/stop_cmdline.sh 
cmdline/start_cmdline.sh 
3. Generate a Job: In the task list of the Job Conductor, select the task, click Generate.
4. Result:
   * Take a few seconds;
   * It fails wtih Error Status: "Connection to Generator failed (Command Line)" . 
   * In Monitoring -> CommandLine : 
CommandLine 
Id 
1 child of 5 
Origin 
Generate job for task 'xxxxxx' 
Status 
FAILED 
Command 
LogonProjectCommand 
Detail 
logonProject -pn 'PUBLISH_TO_3RD' -ul 'my_TAC_username' -up '**************************************************************************' -br 'trunk' 
Time 
2017-03-02 02:32:05 
Information:
java.lang.Exception: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles  
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:66) 
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35) 
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139) 
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles  
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4467)
5. I notice that this process generates files in ../commandline-workspace/PROJECT_NAME 

Thanks,
Bin
4 REPLIES

Re: Fail to generate a Job in TAC

Hi,
Is your CommandLine running well now?
Did you configure commandline parameters correctly in the configuration page and all fields display green?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Firstly, the error applied to all jobs.
Secondly, the first CommandLine is running well. I didn't config the second one.
Thanks,
Bin

Hi,
It is highly recommended to report a ticket on talend support portal with your subscription product so that we can give you a remote assistance on your urgent issue through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I find the following error in {Command Line  HOME}/studio/commandline-workspace/.metadata/.log  ( a bit strange place for log) .
 !MESSAGE 2017-03-03 04:18:27,618 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - LocalLibraryManager resolve mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc6/6.0.0/        jar failed !
Then I follow this instruction in the "Talend Data Integration Installation Guide", which fixes the issue.
"To install modules in CommandLine
If you use the Studio and CommandLine on different machines, you need to retrieve the downloaded .jar files
and add them in CommandLine.
1. Make sure CommandLine is not started, then download the external modules from the Modules view as
explained in the previous procedure.
2. Copy the downloaded .jar files from <StudioPath>/configuration/.m2 and paste them into
<CommandLinePath>/configuration/.m2, where <StudioPath> and <CommandLinePath> are the
installation directories of the Studio and CommandLine respectively.
Since these folders are hidden, make sure your system is configured to show hidden files and folders.
The <CommandLinePath>/configuration/.m2 folder is not created by default. It is created the first time you
start the CommandLine application.
3. Restart CommandLine.
You can now use the component or Metadata connection dependent on these modules. "
I'm a bit confused what is the normal procedure of release a job to TAC:
If I develop a job, which requires some new modules, I will download it in Studio on my PC. When I release this job to TAC, do I need to manually copy those modules to CommandLine? 
It is fine that initially I copy everything in <StudioPath>/configuration/.m2 to <CommandLinePath>/configuration/.m2 on the CommandLine of TAC Server. However,  it won't be a good procedure for the ongoing development. What happens if a few developers are doing this at the same time? 
Thanks,
Bin