One Star

Fail To retrieve Schema -Mongo DB

Hi

I am a newbie and have connected to MongoDB and got my connection successful. I tried to retrieve schema, but got one schema retrieved, while others failed, please see the below error message, can you help here

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2018-01-23 08:47:57.973
!MESSAGE 2018-01-23 08:47:57,972 ERROR org.talend.repository.nosql.ui.thread.RetrieveColumnRunnable - Retrieve 'followupConsultationAdults' unsuccessfully.

!STACK 0
org.talend.repository.nosql.exceptions.NoSQLExtractSchemaException: org.talend.repository.nosql.exceptions.NoSQLExtractSchemaException: org.talend.repository.nosql.exceptions.NoSQLExtractSchemaException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.repository.nosql.ui.thread.RetrieveColumnRunnable.run(RetrieveColumnRunnable.java:102)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.talend.repository.nosql.exceptions.NoSQLExtractSchemaException: org.talend.repository.nosql.exceptions.NoSQLExtractSchemaException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.repository.nosql.db.provider.mongodb.MongoDBMetadataProvider.extractColumns(MongoDBMetadataProvider.java:65)
at org.talend.repository.nosql.ui.thread.RetrieveColumnRunnable.run(RetrieveColumnRunnable.java:89)
... 3 more
Caused by: org.talend.repository.nosql.exceptions.NoSQLExtractSchemaException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.repository.nosql.db.provider.mongodb.MongoDBMetadataProvider.extractTheColumns(MongoDBMetadataProvider.java:139)
at org.talend.repository.nosql.db.provider.mongodb.MongoDBMetadataProvider.extractColumns(MongoDBMetadataProvider.java:62)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.repository.nosql.db.provider.mongodb.MongoDBMetadataProvider.extractTheColumns(MongoDBMetadataProvider.java:124)
... 5 more

3 REPLIES

Re: Fail To retrieve Schema -Mongo DB

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue?

Did you follow up online user guide about:TalendHelpCenter:Centralizing MongoDB metadata to retrieve schema correctly?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi

I am using Talend 6.4 and Mongo DB 3.2, Now I am not able to retrieve any schema

[cid:image001.png@01D394F7.D99B1A50]

Hello,

Did you create a Mongo connection and export as context? Are you checking out ' replica set address' option when set up your Mongo DB connection?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.