Facing issue to connect Oracle 11g db through Talend open studio

One Star

Facing issue to connect Oracle 11g db through Talend open studio

Hi All,
I am trying to connect oracle 11g db through Talend open studio for Data Integration Version: 6.1.1
However I am getting following error:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2674)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:121)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:146)
      ... 9 more

Connection details attaching herewith:

Can you please help me what is the exact problem?
Thanks,
Sheetal

Re: Facing issue to connect Oracle 11g db through Talend open studio

Hi,
Did you see ojdbc6 installed completely in module view? Can you successfully connect your Oracle DB through client without using talend tool?
What does your JAVA_HOME look like?
Here is a related forum about this issue:https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=52162.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Yes, you are correct. I am facing the same problem as per blog suggested by you.
I already went through that. But didnt get any solution.   
I am able to see ojdbc6.jar and ojdbc7.jar installed.
Please find attached herewith.

Could you please let me know more about JAVA_PATH? Do I need to set the path where my JRE is installed or else?
Dont know much about this. 
Connection details are as following:

Thanks,
Sheetal

One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I am able to connect successfully to Oracle 11g Database. Smiley Happy
I have followed: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installing+external+modules&content-lang=en
I have Copied ojdbc6.jar file in location: <Open Studio Installation path>\workspace\.Java\lib 
Thanks for your guidance
Sheetal