FTPS (FTP over SSL)

One Star

FTPS (FTP over SSL)

I'm trying to connect to a server using FTPS. I can get it to work using FileZilla. I want to be able to push and pull files from the server. Were do I get the Keystore File and Keystore password requested by the tFTPConnection component? Thanks.
Here are the errors I get: (im excluding a key file)
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at talenddemosjava.test_ftptoFoo_0_1.test_ftpToFoo$1MyTrust_tFTPConnection_1.getTrustManagers(test_ftpToFoo.java:263)
at talenddemosjava.test_ftptoFoo_0_1.test_ftpToFoo$1MyTrust_tFTPConnection_1.access$0(test_ftpToFoo.java:255)
at talenddemosjava.test_ftptoFoo_0_1.test_ftpToFoo.tFTPConnection_1Process(test_ftpToFoo.java:282)
I understand that the error is due to no keyfile existing. Do I need to download the cert from the server and make that the keyfile???
Unless someone can tell me how to get this working ... I guess I'll use the cmd line component executing a cURL command.
Employee

Re: FTPS (FTP over SSL)

Same issue
One Star

Did you get a solution for this. Facing same issue...
One Star

Anyone having solution, Please reply!
One Star

Has this ever been fixed. I am trying to connect to ftps server for sending files. It asks for a keystore and password. Why would I need keystore/password to connect to external ftps service?
How do I go about retrieving or generating the cert and putting the file with FTPS?

Hi,
Please take a look at a related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-52
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks jlolling. We have a similar need for a FTPS transfer mechanism. I guess we do not have an option but to do it outside of Talend.
Four Stars

You can solve it with this workaround:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/6742204

Greets,
Janba
One Star

Hi @xdshi
Have Talend started to support FTPS? 
I can connect from Cyber Duck to this FTPS but not through talend, where as i can successfully connect to FTP or SFTP through talend.
Thanks
Bilal

Hi,
Talend supports FTPS. Please take a look at the component tFTPGet or tFTPPut and check out  the option FTPS.
Please see my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
I have the same problem. Ok so there's a FTPS support on tFTPGet and tFTPConnection but i can't get it to work as it asks me for a Keystore file and a keystore password.
Now when i connect through Filezilla i am not asked for a Keystore file/password and it works. Why is Talend asking for this ? how to prevent it from using this ? 
One Star

I've currently got the same issue as ffwrude
Can I use FTPS without a keystore? If not, where do I get this from?
Thanks.