One Star

FTP log

Hello,
I am new to TOS and what i try to achieve is to set up a dataflow getting files form one server and reproduce them to 6 other servers.
I am using the ftpget and ftpput funcitions and all works fine, however i would like to get a report whether the transfer has been succeeded or not (and the reason why not).
Kind of like the output from a dos ftp command.
Is there a funcion i can use for that?

Kind regards,
Tom Blank
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: FTP log

use a tJava (if you're connecting via Trigger Link ) or tJavaRow (if you're connecting via Row Link )
press CTRL-SPACE in the code box, and you'll get a drop down of the available variables and functions and whatnot
-if you're using 2.4.1 (first pic), you'll be able to get the number of lines (NB_LINE) and error message (ERROR_MESSAGE)
--you could use code like this, in your tJava or tJavaRow, to print out output to your console (aka the Run tab):
System.out.println("***tFTPGet***");
System.out.println("Error Message = " + ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPGet_1_ERROR_MESSAGE")) );
System.out.println("Nb File = " + ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFTPGet_1_NB_FILE")) );
System.out.println("***tFTPPut***");
System.out.println("Error Message = " + ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPPut_1_ERROR_MESSAGE")) );
System.out.println("Nb File = " + ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFTPPut_1_NB_FILE")) );

-if you're using 3.0.0M3 or 3.0.0RC1 (second pic), you'll be able to get the current status (CURRENT_STATUS) for both components, and if the file exists (CURRENT_FILE_EXISTS) with tFTPPut
--you could use code like this, in your tJava or tJavaRow, to print out output to your console (aka the Run tab):
System.out.println("***tFTPGet***");
System.out.println("Current Status = " + ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPGet_1_CURRENT_STATUS")) );
System.out.println("Error Message = " + ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPGet_1_ERROR_MESSAGE")) );
System.out.println("Nb File = " + ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFTPGet_1_NB_FILE")) );
System.out.println("***tFTPPut***");
System.out.println("Current Status = " + ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPPut_1_CURRENT_STATUS")) );
System.out.println("Error Message = " + ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPPut_1_ERROR_MESSAGE")) );
System.out.println("Nb File = " + ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFTPPut_1_NB_FILE")) );
System.out.println("Current File Exists? = " + ((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFTPPut_1_CURRENT_FILE_EXISTS")) );

if you have any other information you would like, you can add a note to this feature request i've just made: 5213
One Star

Re: FTP log

Thank you for the reply.
I have implemented it as suggested and it works fine.
Now i will look for a way to pipe it to a file and mail it to me and i am done
Kind regards.
/Tom