FTP error: 501 REST not compatible with server configuration

One Star

FTP error: 501 REST not compatible with server configuration

I need to download a file via FTP. I'm using TDQ 4.2.3 on a Windows machine, and I have a TAC deployed on a Linux server. When I run the job locally on my Windows machine, I'm able to download the file with no issues. When I use target exec and run the job on the Linux server, however, I get this error:
Exception in component tFTPGet_1
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 501 REST not compatible with server configuration
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.validateReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1201)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.restart(FTPClient.java:2177)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.initGet(FTPClient.java:2995)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.getData(FTPClient.java:3049)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.getFile(FTPClient.java:2873)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.get(FTPClient.java:2269)
at fileload.lkp_test_0_1.lkp_test$1FTPGetter_tFTPGet_1.downloadFile(lkp_test.java:783)
at fileload.lkp_test_0_1.lkp_test$1FTPGetter_tFTPGet_1.getFiles(lkp_test.java:747)
at fileload.lkp_test_0_1.lkp_test.tFTPGet_1Process(lkp_test.java:866)
at fileload.lkp_test_0_1.lkp_test.runJobInTOS(lkp_test.java:3637)
at fileload.lkp_test_0_1.lkp_test.main(lkp_test.java:3387)

I've attached a screen capture of my configuration of the tFTPGet component. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.
One Star

Re: FTP error: 501 REST not compatible with server configuration

Hi
In the directory of tFTPGet component, you can find a jar file called ftp4j-1.5.1.jar.
501 REST not compatible with server configuration

It seems a bug under ftp4j 1.5.1 which has been fixed in 1.6.1.
The "502 Command REST not allowed by policy" and "501 REST not compatible with server configuration" responses to the "REST 0" command are no longer treated as errors.

Now the workaround may be that do not check 'Die on error'.
If it still can't be fixed, please report it on BugTracker.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

I tried adding ftp4j-1.7.1.jar (latest version) to the component directory, and I changed the reference to it in tFTPGet_java.xml, but I'm still getting the same error. I'll report it on BugTracker.
Employee

UNtil you drag and drop a new component from the palette, changes to XML are not took in account to your component.