Five Stars

FTP connection issue in chaild job only

Hi all.

Talend Open Studio for Data Integration Version: 6.1.0

I have job Job_chaild downloads one file from FTP server to local. It has own context parameters and can be run independenly. It works OK when run individualy - file downloads. 

I have job_Main, it calls Job_chaild. It has only 2 stage tRunJob and tJavaRow.

When I run job_main and parameter <Use an independent processto run subjob> is NOT chechked I get:

Exception in component tFTPConnection_1
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

When I run job_main and parameter <Use an independent processto run subjob> is chechked I get:

no errors, but warning when tRunJob runs in an independent process, it can't extract datas from tBufferOutput of child job.

Anyway file doesn't download.

It is not network problems, becouse direct run job - download files, but call the same job from parent - not, with the same time and environment.

• Data Integration
3 REPLIES
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Re: FTP connection issue in chaild job only

Is the option "Transmit whole context" checked or not?
If yes, what about the value for parameters concerned by ftp connection?

TRF
Five Stars

This option doesn't influence on error, checked or not - result the same.

No params to chaild_job, FTP parameters hard coded in context of chaild_job, and all of them are OK - chaild_job connects to FTP server and downloads file, no any problems when chaild_job run as single.

Six Stars

Please try explicitly assigning the context parameter in run job component, at least sftp connection details pass explicitly to child job and print the context var in child as are they correctly passing or not.
Create a file in child job and refer that file in parent job.