One Star

Extracting data from Informix db and Output it as an SQL Server db

hi all,
can anyone please tell how (and if) I can get/extract data from an Informix db and outputting it (ie. creating) as a MS SQL Server db???
i am using a simple select query in order to query the Informix db, and its resultant data is required as an SQL Server db. How can this be done using Talend Open Studio???
thanks
cheers all
joe
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Extracting data from Informix db and Output it as an SQL Server db

Hello,

use tInformixInput --> tMsSqlOutput
configure the diferent connections in thes components and the schema of the data
You can bench with tLogRow to veriry Input
and job is done

Jérémie
One Star

thanks mate, i was trying with those two components
however the tInformixInput component was correctly set, which database resides on a server and all according serttings were correctly entered.
The problem is that i dont know which settings i should enter for the tMSSqlOutput component, which database output from the query on the Informix db i would like to store it locally for eg. at the C:. What settings should i fill in host, port, database, schema, username, password, table, action on table, schema??
any help appreciated
thanks
joe
One Star

Well
insert between input and output a tFileOutput.

Jérémie
One Star

thanks for quick replies jeremy
why is the tfileoutput component required? and which specific tFileOutput component are you referring to?
regarding the settings that need to be entered in the tMSSQLoutput component, what should i enter so that the output MSSQL database is created (i dont have one created, dont know if the TalendOS creates one when using output component??) locally on my hardisk by taking the data from an informix db using a select query?
thanks alot
joe
One Star

Well

you don't know the mssql connection parameters and you will use an external file to configure them ?

so we use context variable (view contexts) and retrive value from a file.
to create conetxt variable very fast : for each field of connection, press key F5, done a default value (better)
after create a file key, value with all context variable

in view Job(Setting), Extra, use implicite context load from file and retrieve them : the value of the file replace the default value.

best regard
Jérémie
One Star

Maybe is too late for me to join this discussion, but, I want to know what I need to retrieve Informix schema with Talend, because In the schema wizard, every colun number for tables are 0!
Thanks