Four Stars

Extract XML data from web query (JQL - JIRA query language)

HI,

I am using JIRA from atlassion. We can use query in JIRA and get the reports in XML format. I want to get the XML input in Talend using web address. Which component is suitable for this. My link is like this - 

https://jira.abcd.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=project+%...

Please advise.

• Data Integration
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Extract XML data from web query (JQL - JIRA query language)

Hi
Take a look at tJiraInput component that can be used to extract jira issues and returns the records in json format, afterwards, use a tExtractJsonFields to extract data from the response.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi Shong,

Thanks for your response. I have used tJiraInput component for this purpose. But it is not creating correct Json file. 

It is created like this:

{"data":[{"json":"{"value":"\\"Acceptance Criteria\\"

In the Host URL field, the address should be till what level? Login Page or the page where we put JQL in JIRA. Please help.

Community Manager

Hi
The screenshot is not available, can you try to upload it again?
What data do you want to extract the response? In addition, can you have a try to use tHttpRequest to access the link? Let me know if it returns the response.
Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seven Stars

also (in addition to above)

if any system haven't pre-defined component, but support REST API, like Jira - https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis

You can use tRESTClient for direct work with system

-----------