Extract FileName from tLogRow/tSortRow

Six Stars

Extract FileName from tLogRow/tSortRow

am new to Talend and just trying to work my way through it. Have been trying to extract the most recent file from a list within a directory. Iterated through all the files, retained their properties in a buffer. Post completion of this sub-task, read through the buffer, sorted with descending mime, extracted the top record and was able to print it using tLogRow. All seems to be fine except I don't know how to use the filename now for next task. I am certain this is very rudimentary but I'll be honest, I've been scourging the internet/help from quite some time now, with no success. Any pointers would help. The job flow is attached for your reference.

All I need is a way to use the "abs_path" variable, which I can later use to process the file dynamically.

extract_filename.png

Ten Stars

Re: Extract FileName from tLogRow/tSortRow

Good job buddy, almost there!!!
get the iterate to a tFileInputDelimited component and where you put the file path and name ... use CTRL+SPACE and scroll for the tFileList1.CURRENT_FILEPATH and thats it. Like you did with the tFileProperties...

Now I assume you want tBufferInput -> tFlowtoIterate -> tFileInputDelimited to process the files.

Six Stars

Thanks for responding.

Not sure if I followed your recommendation. Mind elucidating a bit? 

I can get all the needed information by my last node, as printed by the tLogRow. How do I pipe that to the tPositionalFile, is what I am confused about.

Six Stars

Finally fixed the issue (and simplified the flow a little more). Utilized the tFileList component, used the tIterateToRow to pipe the iterated list into tSampleRow. Kept one record and used tSetGlobalVar component to capture the needed variables.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download