One Star

Exported job processing file twice when run from Incron

Hi all-
I have a bit of a puzzle and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light.
I'm running on Linux. I have a job that imports and archives files from a folder. It runs just fine from within TOS. I exported the job as an autonomous job and it works just fine from the command line. I need to trigger the job using an Incron job (Cron but for file events - e.g. do this when a file is created in a folder). Because Incron runs with a separate environment, I have to call the Talend job from another script where I set those variables. This also works just fine from the command line.
The problem comes in when it is run from Incron. It runs just fine, but it is processing the imported file twice. The job is only running once and logcatcher is showing that it is acting as if I gave it the same file twice, though when it goes to delete the second copy of the file, it throws an error because it is gone - I'm guessing because it was already deleted the first time around.
I know there are a number of moving pieces here and I didn't want to upload everything. I have attached a screen shot of the job's logic.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mitch
3 REPLIES

Re: Exported job processing file twice when run from Incron

Hi,
We don't find there is something wrong with your job design. Is it possible to use other trigger to see if this issue repro again?(such as, window scheduler).
Pasting your log info in forum will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you, Sabrina. I finally solved the problem, although I'm still not sure what was causing the issue.
The solution was to simplify the execution from the incron side. I thought I had run into problems previously with running a Talend exported script from an Incron job, due to the execution environment within Incron being different. My solution had been to use an interim script to execute the Talend code and set the environment variables in that script. Eliminating the script and just executing the Talend code directly solved the issue.
Thanks again for your time.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.