One Star

Export

Hi,
I'm having trouble exporting out of v1.1.
I have tried XLSX and tab delimited CSV (my data contains commas) exports but am not having much luck.
The XLSX export appears to work and creates a file, but when attempting to open the file in Excel an error comes up stating that the format or file extension is not valid. I have tried changing it to .xls which allows a choice to continue opening the file, but the file is empty.
Similarly the CSV file is created by does not contain any content.
Talend is showing records in the main panel (which I have manipulated from the original source).
I'm new to Talend so apologies if I am I missing something, but I have searched help and the forum but can't find any pointers in the right direction.
Regards,
Jessica

• Data Integration
9 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Export

Hi Jessica,
I am afraid you are facing a known issue in 1.1. In order to confirm the diagnosis, we would need to have access to your preparation. Could you zip the content of the folder "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Talend" and share it?
Note that this folder contains all files you have used in Talend Data Preparation, so let me know if sharing these data is acceptable for you from a privacy standpoint.
Regards,
Gwendal
One Star

Hi Gwendal,
I have used some sensitive information (that identifies individuals) in Talend, but the dataset I most urgently would like to export is not highly sensitive. Is there some way that I can identify the files you need for diagnosis that are related to this dataset and just send those? Or is there another way to get you the information you require, while ensuring the privacy of the information is maintained?
Cheers,
Jessica
Employee

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for the feedback. To ensure that you share only what is necessary, could you follow this procedure:

Launch Data Preparation
Open your favorite web browser and enter the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:9090/ui/index.html. This will lead you to the Data Preparation UI.
From there, open the dataset with which you are facing the issue described and copy/paste the URL (which should look like http://127.0.0.1:9090/ui/index.html#/playground/preparation?prepid=
Send the original Excel/CSV file that you used
Zip and send the content of the folder C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Talend\dataprep\store\preparations

With this procedure, you will not share the other sensitive datasets since the "preparations" folder solely contains the transformation steps you applied but not the data themselves. Feel free to share these inputs via email or private message rather than on the forum directly.
Thanks,
Gwendal
One Star

Hello Gwendal,
I appear to have exactly the same issue. What was the outcome of your discussion with Jessica?
Have a nice day,
Cécile

I have the same Problem.... Smiley SadSmiley Sad
One Star

I have the same problem
On Windows 10
I get this screen:
{"code":"TDP_API_UNABLE_TO_EXPORT_CONTENT","message":"Sorry an unexpected error occurred and we could not complete your last operation, but you can keep using Data Preparation","message_title":"An error has occurred","cause":"Export failed and no fallback available.","context":{}}
One Star

Do you have any update or clues to solve this problem?
I have tried any possibility to export without success.
I utilized Windows 10 and win 7. Using v1.1
Thanks
One Star

Hi
I tried to download the .zip version, and I saved with the first file edited, but not on the second, this is strange.
I tried also to install on OSX Yosemite But I had no luck , it was not possible to save it.
Paolo
One Star

Same problem here, and I'm just exporting those default tutorial preparations. Windows 7, running in corporate Internet firewall.