Export objects with metadata from salesforce and import into MySQL

Five Stars

Export objects with metadata from salesforce and import into MySQL

Hi. I would like to analyse the whole data model of one salesforce org using some DQ tool, such as Talend Studio for Data Quality. From what I understand I cannot create connection to salesforce. I have to import all objects to either Access, MySQL or another database to where I can connect with Talend Studio for DQ.
So in my case I created MySQL db for that purpose and used Talend Studio for DI to export objects and import into db. This is however time consuming as I need to move them one by one and add relationships and if you have about 100 objects... horrible. Is there a way how to easily export multiple objects including metadata (such as relationships) and import them into db?
One Star

Re: Export objects with metadata from salesforce and import into MySQL

Hi,
In Salesforce, metadata are available using... Salesforce Metadata API
Five Stars

Hi TRF, yes I know.. Im rather business analyst though, not developer and kind of new to DBs, integrations, apis etc. So all I need to know is if there is a way to export e.g. whole data model (all objects) out of salesforce including all relationships in simplified way? (I mean not object by object, then metadata, etc)
One Star

You export export WSDL from Salesforce but how to create tables in MySQL from this XML file?
Maybe someone already did it...