Export from Access / Encoding issue

One Star

Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hello
I'm using TOS 5.3.1 ( I also tried with 5.1.1 for the same results).
I have to work with data containing Cyrillic characters.
I use Access 2003
When I try tlogrow I'v got ??? instead of cyrillic character (capture1)
I tried different character setting as UTF-8 (capture 2) but I still have this problem.

Do you have any suggestion ?
Moderator

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hi,
When I try tlogrow I'v got ??? instead of cyrillic character (capture1)
I tried different character setting as UTF-8 (capture 2) but I still have this problem.

Did you try this solution
On the Window menu, click Preferences followed by Talend and then Specific Settings. Select the Allow specific characters(UTF8...) for columns of schema box .
Click OK button to save the change and close the window.
Is it Ok with output(delimited file...).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Thank you for your suggestions Sabrina,
But they don't work.
It tried few things
Access 2003 -> TLogRow = ??? (instead of Cyrillic characters)
Access 2007 -> TLogRow = ???
Access 2003 Export to Excel 2003 -> TLogRow = ???
Access 2003 Export to Excel 2007 -> TLogrow = OK I've got the Cyrillic characters
Moderator

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hi,
Access 2003 Export to Excel 2007 -> TLogrow = OK I've got the Cyrillic characters

Is it working for Cyrillic characters? Could you post the successful workflow screenshot into forum. tAccessinput-->tFileOutPutexcel-->tlogrow?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

If I export data from Access to Excel (as export a table) then I use Talend TLogRow with the excel file it works;
If I try to do everything with Talend, it does not work
One Star Fxp
One Star

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hi Herve,

If Access 2007 -> TLogRow return ??? (instead of Cyrillic characters) and is not ok
and if Access 2003 Export to Excel 2007 -> TLogrow is fine for Cyrillic characters,
I would suggest that the issue is with the Access driver used by the component and that tLogRow works fine with the encoding.
But if you also tested to set the charSet properties in the advanced option of tAccessInput, I don't see any other option.
How can we know which encoding is used in an Access database ?
Cheers.
Francois
One Star

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hello
I finally found how to solve it by exporting the Access tables in XML then work with XML files.
I used a vb script to do it and it's OK
dim accessApp
set accessApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")
accessApp.OpenCurrentDataBase("C:\mydatabase.mdb")
accessApp.ExportXml acExportTable, "mytable", _
"C:\mytable.xml"
set accessApp = nothing
One Star

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hello
I finally found how to solve it by exporting the Access tables in XML then work with XML files.
I used a vb script to do it and it's OK
dim accessApp
set accessApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")
accessApp.OpenCurrentDataBase("C:\mydatabase.mdb")
accessApp.ExportXml acExportTable, "mytable", _
"C:\mytable.xml"
set accessApp = nothing

So Talend can't read UTF-8 characters for Access?
Moderator

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hi,
Here is a unresolved jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28224, please vote for it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Export from Access / Encoding issue

Hi,
Here is a unresolved jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28224, please vote for it.
Best regards
Sabrina

It doesn't seem to want to let me vote for it. It's my ticket I submitted. STILL UNRESOLVED. One possible resolution was to install t Access for the language I need. Laughable. Talend has a problem.
My company actually PAYS for licenses to have access to first tier support. I'm going to ask them to question that approach.