Export Jobs items with All dependences

Seven Stars

Export Jobs items with All dependences

Morning All,

I face a problem that i don't understand why, so it will be dificult for me to explain but i try my best.

I am working on development of a list of flow and these flows have the same design.

So after developping first one, i just make its copy, and adapt it for others flows.

But the problem i faced, when i try to export one flow (job) by clicking on window "Export dependencies" it select also all others flows.

I have not explainations, somebody has already face this kind of situation or has a solution for me.

Find in attached file export window's screenshot, i select in green export waiting and in red which are selected and not wait.

Thank you for help,

Accepted Solutions
Sixteen Stars

Re: Export Jobs items with All dependences

The export dependencies button has always been a bit strange with what it selects. I seldom use it now and make sure I explicitly select known dependencies myself. Don't worry about this.

All Replies
Sixteen Stars

The export dependencies button has always been a bit strange with what it selects. I seldom use it now and make sure I explicitly select known dependencies myself. Don't worry about this.

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Hi,

From which element in the hierarchy are you trying to export element: the job itself, a folder, anything else?

If you want to export one job and its dependencies, right click on the job name, click "Export items" ("Exporter des éléments" si ma mémoire est bonne), then click the option "Export Dependencies" ("Exporter les dépendances" on your screen capture).

It works for version 6.4.1 at least.

TRF
Seven Stars

Hi TRF,

In the hierarchy, i export from the job itself by doing what you wrote.

- Right click on Job

- Click export items

- Export dependencies

FYI, my studio version is 6.2.1, perhaps this can explain the bug.

Thank for help, 

Sixteen Stars

I believe this is potentially an issue with the internal UIDs used to link objects within Talend. 

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

I've just tried with version 6.1.2 with no problem.

TRF
Seven Stars

Hello TRF,

You are also right, but i can't explain what happen, because i do everything step by step and got this error.

FYI : i am working on a remote project, so i have not more element to analyse this bug.

Thanks,

Seven Stars

Hello rhall_2_0,

I mean, i close this subject and take your post like solution.

Thank ypou for help,