One Star

Expanded non LONG bind data supplied after actual LONG or LOB column

Hi All,
I have a target table which contains 10 columns. 4 out of 10 columns are clob data type columns.
I'm loading data into this table. I have considered these columns as string of length 4000 each. But i'm getting below error when I run the job.
"Expanded non LONG bind data supplied after actual LONG or LOB column"

I'm using TIS 5.1.1 and Oracle 11g.
Kindly assist on how to handle this.
5 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Expanded non LONG bind data supplied after actual LONG or LOB column

Do you have created the table with the output component?
It would be great to see your create table statement.
As far as I know, in a table is only ONE long data type allowed. The long data type is deprecated and should replaced by CLOB. Please check if your data types really CLOB and not LONG.
One Star

Hi jlolling,
Thanks for the reply.I'm not creating the output table with output component. There are no long datatype columns in my table. one column is number, 5 are string of length 500 and 4 are clob type.

Hi,
"Expanded non LONG bind data supplied after actual LONG or LOB column"

This error imply that :A Bind value of length potentially > 4000 bytes follows binding for LOB or LONG.
You can re-order the binds so that the LONG bind or LOB binds are all at the end of the bind list.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I've reordered all the clob datatype columns at the last inside the tMap component while moving the data into target table. And I've used long datatype for these 4 columns in tMap. But originally these 4 columns are of clob datatype in DB. I'm still getting the same error.

Hi,
Could you please give us your tMap editor screenshot so that I can see how did you convert clob type into long.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.