One Star

Executing TAC Job from .Net Application

Friends,
I am not sure if someone would have come across. I want to execute some of our jobs via .Net Application. Jobs are already scheduled to run in TAC. But sometime we need to run on demand via other Application. Pls suggest how it can be done in a smarter way.
Many thanks.
Surendra
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Executing TAC Job from .Net Application

Hi Surendra
You want to run the jobs via .Net application remotely? Or at local machine?
Do you need some return values of Talend job in .net application?
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
We will run the job remotely.
We may not return the values from Talend on to .Net Application. However, we may pass parameters from the Application which will be received by Talend Job as a context variable.
Regards,
Surendra
One Star

Hi Surendra
Which programming language do you use in .net application? C#?
I think you can use command to trigger the JobName_run.bat script in your .net application.
There is a method called Runtime.exec() in Java to run system command as cmd.exe.
You may find the same method in .Net application.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thank you Pedro. Let me try that way.
Best regards,
Surendra
One Star

Hi Pedro,
Sorry I am getting back to you after long time regarding this task.
I did try couple of things but could not find the smart way. There is a way, I can make it working via command prompt passing unc path.
1. I want to know where the batch file is located. I have got projects in SVN repository. When I deploy the job in TAC, does the batch file get stored within the job server? Please could you tell me where can I find that.
2. Our current ETL system (Boomi) which is also Java based, that allows us to execute the job via web url once we have the job scheduled. Is there similar thing I can do in Talend?
This is important for us to run the job via RF Applications (VB.Net based) once the User completes an Order. Please suggest if there is a way.
Best regards,
Surendra
Community Manager

Hi Surendra
1. After you schedule the job in TAC, the job script are deployed to the Job server, it is located in:
<Job Server installaiton path>\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\
2. When the job is scheduled in TAC, you can add triggers to fire the job execution or click the Run button to execute the job manually. If you want to call the job via web url, you can export the job and deploy it as web service, so that you are able to call the job via web url.
Here is an tutorial shows how to deploy a Talend job as web service.
http://talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:export_as_webservice
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Pedro,
Thank you for your response.
I did try exporting and running via WebService but I am getting error "HTTP Status 404 - Servlet AxisServlet is not available". Any idea? Sorry, I am not a very Java person.
Best regards,
Surendra
One Star

Sorry Shong, I addressed you Pedro, just a typo Smiley Wink