One Star

Executing A Talend Job Using Windows Scheduler

Hi,
I created several design Jobs using Talend open studio 5.2.0M3
I want to schedule the job that i created using Windows Scheduler.
I try to export my job but a .bat file not there.
Anyone know to solve this

Thank you

• Data Integration
42 REPLIES

Re: Executing A Talend Job Using Windows Scheduler

Hi,
Which way do you chose to export your job? select root directory or select archive file? We double that the process of exporting your job is not successful.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
i select archive file when do the export job.
i use open source TOS_DI v5.2.0m3

Regards,
Mie

Hi,
If you want to get a .bat file, you cannot choose "Export items" but the "Export job" option instead. see pics.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
It work!! i select the export type : Axis webservice (ZIP) previously. Now it work.
Tq! Smiley Happy

Hi,
Well, good news and thanks for your feedback!
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi,
I am trying to use windows scheduler to run the batch file generated by exporting my job in Talend
The scheduler in windows kicks off the batch file but the job in talend doesnt actually run. When i run the job from Talend it runs perfectly.
What might be the reason.
Iam using using Talend open studio 5.2.0
Thank you

Hi, Prash
I have executed a Talend Job using Windows Scheduler in TOS 5.2.0, and it works well! How do you set your Windows Scheduler? I upload my screenshots to you, hope it will help you! In addition that, giving you some info about Windows
Scheduler http://www.iopus.com/guides/winscheduler.htm

Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi xdshi
I tried the same steps mentioned above but couldnt get the job running in Talend.
I have the last run time for Job in the scheduler window but the job did not actually run in Talend.
The job exported is used to update tables in oracle and mysql databses.
What might be the reason ?
Thanks
Prash

Hi,
I tried the same steps mentioned above but couldnt get the job running in Talend.
I have the last run time for Job in the scheduler window but the job did not actually run in Talend.

You may make a misunderstanding about that job did not actually run in Talend instead in your command window. Because the job has been exported from Talend, it has none business with Talend unless you run it in Talend.
Best regards
Sabrina
Four Stars

one quick question, can a window's scheduler execute a job without displaying a command prompt on the screen. Like I have scheduled a job to load a file,
tfileInput --- > iFileOutput
|
|
on subjob ok
|
|
tmsgbox(display's a file time of load)

i want only that msgbox to display , which prompt only file load status with time no command prompt display.
thanks

Hi,
The msgbox can display, and you don't need input a command prompt on the screen. See pic2, is that what you need?
Best regards
Sabrina
Four Stars

HI
may be my explanation was wrong, what i need is only to display the message box not command prompt but the above screen shot is showing command prompt and msgbox. And i have scheduled a job in windows scheduler

thanks in advance

Hi,
Well, it is not the business of Windows Scheduler but the .bat file. If you run the .bat file in your computer, the command prompt will pop up. I have no idea, sorry about that.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

hi Sabrina,
I have a job that I exported as .bat file. When I execute the .bat file using window service it did not work.
Do you have any idea what is the problem?
Attached is the screen shot of the job that I exported as .bat file.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
naim

Hi,
When I execute the .bat file using window service it did not work.

Your job work well from the screenshot, but I have a little confusion what' s your meaning "it did not work"? When you execute the .bat file using window service, nothing happened to you?or you don't see the result? do you set the key word"pause" into your .bat file so that you can see the window console? Waiting for your response.
BTW, Please read this page on Talend Help Center to know more about how to import/export job item or jobs
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3975139
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi,
What I mean with the meaning of "it did not work" is that the data did not load into the database. I used the .bat file as the platform.
On the other hand, the job works when I used Talend as the platform to execute the job.
Regards,
naim

Hi,
I got your issue, but we need take a testing on it. I suspect something wrong with the target DB and we will give you the response asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you so much for your help.
Regards,
naim

Hi,
We have a discussion about your issue and give you the result.
First of all, you should run your .bat file by window command line. Right click and select the "Run as administrator" to check if your job work well? If so, the .bat file is totally correct.
using window service it did not work.

Something wrong with your configuration of window service not the job. You don't trigger it which cause you cannot get the result your expected.
Unfortunately, we never use window service to start it before, Mr. Goole will help you. Sorry about that.
Don't hesitate to post issue on Talend forum, i will try my best to help you.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
If the .bat file is "Run as administrator", how will I know that the .bat file is correct??Any indicator to show that it work perfectly?
About the configuration of window service, I have triggered the task before it is executed.
The problem is when I use metadata as the source (e.g bahasa_pengaturcaraan), the window service could not deploy the .bat file, which the data could not be uploaded to the target database (e.g tMysqlOutput_1). I just could not figure out the actual problem.
Regards,
naim

Hi,
If the .bat file is "Run as administrator", how will I know that the .bat file is correct??

You need run the .bat file by window command to check your script file, firstly.
I have seen your job, extracting the data from resource DB into target DB, right? The data should be uploaded to the target database, doesn't it? Or something wrong with this step?
I have a demo job similar with yours. The job work well for me, when i run it by window command. So i suspect something wrong with the window service. In additional that you have mentioned that
On the other hand, the job works when I used Talend as the platform to execute the job.

The problem is when I use metadata as the source (e.g bahasa_pengaturcaraan), the window service could not deploy the .bat file

BTW, I have no idea about that, and what i can do is to make sure your .bat file is correct. Sorry for that.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star div
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I had created a job and try to execute with Talend Scheduler. I set the Scheduler and extract as a batch file. Now using windows scheduler I tried to run that Batch file to execute the job. Batch file is executed and inside history it is showing job is completed but no any action will be happen.
Can you please help me out . It's veru urgent..

Thanks
Praveen Singh

Hi div,
Did your job run successfully in cmd? Is there any error on cmd?
Note: set the key word"pause" into your .bat file to see if there is any error in cmd.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star div
One Star

Hi sabrina,
That is excuted successfully. Now My requirement is Can I call Mediation job inside Talend ESB integration. Actually I had created one route job inside Mediation to seprate the file depending upon the file type and upload inside the Active MQ. for that I wrote xpath query. Now Mediation job I want to execute inside the Integration mode. Is it Possible. Please suggest me which component we need to use to call the mediation job inside Integration mode.

Thanks
Praveen singh

Hi,
Why do you want to call esb mediation job (cXXX) in data integration? You can use TalendHelpCenter:cTalendJob which can call a Data Integration Job either from the repository or exported as an OSGI Bundle For ESB.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star div
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
following is my Full Requirment:
I Have an application which uploaded messages inside the Active MQ. I used Mediation mode and design a route job to differ the file and sepearte the messages, upload it in the specific ActiveMQ e.g. ActiveMQ.CCR,ActiveMQ.CGP, all this is seperated from ActiveMQ.FullMSG. For this I designed the Route job. Now I want to create the Batch file to execute and deploy inside the server. Thrugh Mediation I am not able to create the Batch file, So that I want to use this mediation job inside Integration mode and create the batch file for deployment. My route job design is as follows:
JMSConnection
CJMS--Route--JMS(when="/root/row")CCR etc.
This willl seperate the msg depending upon the condition.
Now this whole Route job I want to use inside the Integartion mode.

Please suggest me your valuable thought.
Best Regards
Praveen Singh

Hi,
So far, it's impossible to use esb route in data integration mode.
For talend esb route, you have to build it as .kar file then deploy on talend run time.
TalendHelpCenter:How+to+build+Routes.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star div
One Star

HI Sabrina,
Can u please also let me know how to deploy the .kar file in Talend Run Time. Please share the deployment step with me. I am very new in Talend.
Thanks you so much for your valuable support.
Thanks
Praveen Singh

Hi,
Here is document about TalendHelpCenter:Building and deploying Routes using the Studio, hope it will be helpful.
As a matter of fact, you can export your route to a /container/deploy directory in a Talend Runtime so that it is directly deployed, but it can also be stored elsewhere and copied to the deploy directory later.
Best regards
Sabrina